Black Girl Magic is a rallying call for women to come together, connect, inspire, empower, and unite as one! Boss Women Media is the force that creates these magical moments for women. 2021 is the year where women get highlighted. You know the ones that are sitting at the table and who are taking the world by storm.
Meet Quadesha, Founder of Naked Body & Skin Care
1. Please tell us what your role is and what it entails? Hmm. .. What doesn’t it entail at this point! Lol, but on a serious note, my role as a “creator” of my brand entails everything from marketing, package design and researching new products and/or new ways to keep my customers intrigued! I try to keep my focus on what keeps my brand unique due to so much competition out there! That used to be my weakness, I used to down myself so much thinking I couldn’t do it until one day I realized that yes, everyone may sell the same thing or do the same thing. But not everyone shares your creativity! So, I took that and ran with it!
2. How did you land this position? During the pandemic! It was a tough time for everyone but for me it was a bitter/sweet moment. We lost friends and family but honestly if this pandemic didn’t happen, I don’t think I would be doing what I’m doing now so soon. I would still be trying to figure this thing out because I honestly felt stuck! I wanted to do something that made me happy and kept me excited! From then on, I started adding that to my prayer asking “God” to show me my purpose. Then, boom! Naked Body & Skin Care was born.
3.What does your everyday “workday” look like? First things first I wake up and say a prayer. That’s how I get my gas to keep me going! Then I get to it, whether it’s packing orders, checking emails, and sending emails to bloggers, influencers for brand marketing that will not only get my brand out there but will also motivate my followers with day-to-day struggles. For instance, I started doing a weekly IG live with an OB/GYN physician Dr. Rush that shared some crucial information on the woman’s body. From dos and don’ts to ovarian cysts, fibroids and more! I didn’t want my IG platform to just focus on making sales I wanted to also provide my supporters with helpful information and mental health awareness strategies to keep them going! It’s important for me to give back and that’s the way I do it.
4. What keeps you motivated? Being able to work for myself so I can enjoy time with my family!
5. Who/what inspires your drive as a woman? What inspires my drive as a woman is being able to uplift women with self-confidence inspiring them to love the real you and recognizing the words we speak over our lives and others in hopes of heightening positivity and self-love.
6. If you could switch job titles with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be and why? Honestly, I wouldn’t trade my title for the world! I feel like that’s one of the struggles us women deal with today. Comparing ourselves to others and not feeling like we aren’t doing enough or putting in the same work due to the position others hold. I love what I do and having the opportunity to teach myself through the trial-and-error phases is more rewarding than anything else.
7. What do you think is the first word that comes to mind when others describe you? Why? Go getter! Especially when it comes to running a business. Everything I touch turns to gold, meaning, if I strongly believe in something I’m going “all gas no breaks” Literally! But don’t get me wrong I love to have fun with my family and friends but only after I finish what I consider a priority to me. Only “you” are in charge of your future and if you’re not taking what you do serious no one will take you seriously, that’s how I look at it!
8. Where can our followers connect with you on social media? My IG is @nakedbodyandskincare and my new YouTube channel can be searched as “Quadesha D”. I decided to do a personal YouTube channel because my goal is to motivate and inspire other women who was in the same boat as me not knowing where to start and how. It was only when I gave it to GOD where I started to find myself.
Re-focusing on going after anything you want in life even if it may get hard but it’s only when you have your breakthrough when you start feeling untouchable! “Pressure makes Diamonds” as my grandmother always used to say. Nothing worth GOLD is easy or comes easy and that’s what makes it much more personal. There’s a shortage of boss women showing how we’re able to juggle being a boss while also having family and friends that also need attention and what better way to share that than with YouTube! With all hopes to gaining more brand recognition at the same time. Real boss move lol I call it a “2 for 1” marketing deal! Lol, this will be fun I’m excited to show everyone my journey and where God is taking me!
Thank you, “Boss Women Media”, for blessing me with the opportunity to interview me and my brand! I look forward to doing this again. Ladies, we are all in this together! Keep pushing and remember only “YOU” can take “YOU” where “YOU’ want to go! Xoxoxo