Black Girl Magic is a rallying call for women to come together, connect, inspire, empower, and unite as one! Boss Women Media is the force that creates these magical moments for women. 2021 is the year where women get highlighted. You know the ones that are sitting at the table and who are taking the world by storm.
100 Women Sitting at the Table is all about honoring women who are bucking tradition, making history and fighting for change in the workplace and the world. Over the next several weeks, we will highlight each woman in our year-long campaign and her story.
Meet Devyn Walker, Licensed Therapist, Yoga Teacher and Wellness Influencer
- Please tell us what your role is and what it entails?
I am a licensed therapist, yoga teacher, Wellness Influencer, and private practice owner of Transcend Wellness Boutique.
- How did you land this position?
I wouldn’t necessarily say I landed this position, more so that I created it. When I lost my father to suicide in 2011 that started my wellness and mental health journey which led me to become a licensed therapist & yoga teacher. I’m passionate about helping black people and POC so I decided to open my own private therapy & wellness practice to do so.
- What does your everyday “workday” look like?
It varies honestly. Some days I’m seeing clients, other days I’m shooting & creating content.
- What keeps you motivated?
Knowing that I am helping black women break generational curses in their family units.
- Who/what inspires your drive as a woman?
Honestly breaking generational cycles in my family.
- What’s one important thing you’ve learned while being in your role?
REST. Prioritize rest and self-care.
- If you could switch job titles with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be and why?
I would switch job titles with Beyonce honestly. haha I would love to know what routines and habits she has in place that makes her so successful.
- What do you think is the first word that comes to mind when others describe you? Why?
Passionate – I am extremely passionate about what I do. Being mental health advocate is a calling not a career.
- Where can our followers connect with you on social media?
@sentfromdevyn on all social media platforms!