Balancing self-care amidst a global pandemic looks a lot different than traditional self-care activities you may be used to. Taking a much needed spa date may be what you’re accustomed to, but during a pandemic—that isn’t necessarily the best or safest option.
It can feel a bit overwhelming with the constant flooding of new information about everything that’s going on in the world. Taking a few extra moments to simply pause and gather your thoughts as a worldwide pandemic is taking place is so important and vital for your self-care.
How can you balance your self-care during this trying time? Taking care of yourself while remaining socially distant can be a little challenging, however, this gives you an opportunity to find new and innovative ways to balance your self-care and put yourself first! Below is a list of 15 safe self-care tips to implement amidst a global pandemic:
15 Safe Ways to Balance Self-Care Amidst a Global Pandemic
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet + drink lots of water
- Try to get between eight and nine hours of sleep each night
- Exercise + stretch
- Practice taking depth breaths
- Read your favorite book
- Listen to meditation music
- Get in the car and go for a solo ride
- Jog around your neighborhood
- Write in your journal
- Take a bubble bath
- Listen to a motivating podcast
- Watch an uplifting movie
- Focus on the things you can control
- Take breaks from the news + social media
Although there are several activities you can do to help you balance your self-care during this time, these 15 tasks are a great start and are extremely safe! Let us know in the comments below what you’ve been doing to help you balance your self-care!