Everyone makes entrepreneurship look extremely glamorous, especially on Instagram. Everyone is rich, going to the best places, and experiences the best life possible. Spoiler Alert: This is not always the case. It takes time to make money, build a brand and create a cult like following. Oh, we know so well over here at Boss. Not to be a Debbie downer but we want to be real with you. When you take a big risk and quit your job you need a plan. Without one you, you will either give up and go get a job when the going gets tough or you will be spinning in circles not knowing what to do next. With all of that being said here are some tips on how to create an exit strategy to begin cultivating the career of your dreams:
- Define exact what it is that you are going to do when you quit your job. Without knowing exactly what you are going to do, you will try everything. Trying everything will lead you to confusion. I would suggest to write out a business plan to stay on track on what your goals are and your objective to each of them.
- Who is your target audience? Have you made it clear on who you are marketing to in your new venture? How do you talk to them? Where are the located at? How will you find more people to engage with your brand?
- Save your money. I can not stress this enough. Anything can happen, so have at least 6 months worth of savings to pay your bills.
- Build relationships. Don’t wait to start connecting with people, start connecting now! You never know who can help you along the way, so begin connecting with everyone.
- Stay Focused. If this is something that you truly want for your life, stay focused on going after it. Wake up early, go to bed late, do what you have to do to accomplish what you want. It will not be easy but it will be worth it!